Sunday, February 7, 2016

Walking in LA

Well, I'm overweight (nee, obese) and I've can't take it anymore.  I do belong to a gym, just like my 300 millions fellow Americans.  But like 298 million of them, I can't find the time to get there.

So this morning I woke up to a beautiful day (that's right - 75 degree F) and decided to walk to the Farmer's Market, which is about 1.5 miles from my house.  I ate my blueberry waffle (that's a story for another post) and went for it.  Of course, I wasn't alone.  My husband promised to pick me up if it got tuckered out.

Twenty five minutes after I began I was there.  The place was jammed, so I had to suck in and dive between people to get my sprouts, which is all I came for.  I thought it would take forever, but 10 minutes later I was done (yes, I did want to buy those earrings, but what the heck - $14 for studs?  Not today!).  So I walked home.  The whole event took an hour.  And I feel great!!!!

Every Sunday I plan to go for a walk.  Every day I plan to make time for a walk.  Especially after eating.  Gotta lose weight, gotta get healthy.  Gotta take my own advice.  I'm not a Registered Dietitian for nothing!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment